Shure M97xE Hi-Fi Turntable Phono Cartridge for Record Player
Shure M97xE Hi-Fi Turntable Phono Cartridge
The M97xE is a superbly tracking, neutral, smooth-sounding magnetic cartridge designed to provide long hours of undistorted, easy listening without fatiguing the ear or tiring the mind. This cartridge is able to accurately reproduce very difficult musical passages, particularly in the high-frequency range, where audio modulations are the smallest and most concentrated, and stylus tip movement is consequently the most rapid. Its highly precise tracking ability and flat frequency response are made possible by Shure's unique Type II low-mass thin-wall aluminum alloy stylus cantilever, combined with a precision-crafted, finely polished, elliptical diamond tip. Includes screws.
The very low mass M97xE cartridge shares several important features with the V15VxMR audiophile cartridge such as Shure’s exclusive viscous-damped Dynamic Stabilizer, which maintains a uniform distance between the cartridge and the record under difficult playing conditions, such as those caused by warped records, or mismatched tonearm mass. When such stabilization is not required, the stabilizer brush can be locked up into its detent position, which, under ideal playing conditions, can provide even better sound quality. A die cast aluminum mounting block provides secure, vibration-free attachment to the tonearm while the SIDE-GUARD stylus protection system helps prevent stylus damage if the cartridge accidentally slides across a record. This unique feature responds to side thrusts on the stylus by withdrawing the entire stylus cantilever and tip safely into the stylus housing before the cantilever can be damaged.
• Dynamic stabilizer damper/de-staticizer
• Die-cast aluminum mounting block
• Side Guard stylus protection system
• Tone arm mount: Standard 1/2"
• Cartridge type: Moving magnet
• Cantilever: Shure Type II, very low mass heat-treated aluminum alloy/tubular, 1.0 mil wall thickness, 20 mil diameter
• Diamond stylus tip: Polished natural gemstone, elliptical, side x front radii: 0.2 x 0.7 mil
• Tracking force range (effective at stylus tip): 0.75 to 1.50 grams, optimum: 1.25 grams
• Trackability at 1 gram tracking force (cm per second peak velocity): 1 kHz: 44 cm/sec, 10 kHz: 31 cm/sec
• Amplitude: 80 um at 400 Hz
• Frequency response: Essentially flat from 20 to 22,000 Hz
• Stereo channel balance: Within 2.0 dB
• Channel separation (typical at 1 kHz): 25 dB
• Output voltage (typical at 1 kHz): 4.0 mV RMS at 5 cm/sec peak velocity
• Net Weight: 6.6 grams
• Height: 15.875 mm
• Accessories Included: Headshell screwdriver, stylus cleaning brush, user guide, mounting hardware and stylus guard
• Full one-year manufacturer's warranty
• N97xE replacement stylus #232-507.
Part Number 232-505